Sunday, April 1, 2012

10 Artists In 10 Words

I know, I know, the whole of February AND March just went by without me reviewing anything.

Not to say I haven't been listening to a lot of music - I just haven't been able to get words to screen in a coherent review, due to uni swallowing my life life's busy-ness. But just to show you guys how much I love you and to give you a little something to read as I collect my thoughts on my recent listenings, I thought it might be rather fun to present you with not one, but TEN micro-reviews. In one post. Coz I'm that awesome  guilty.

So. This is not a definitive list of 'best artists'. It's not even my personal top 10. Rather, here are 10 musical groups/solo acts that I think everyone needs to have an opinion on. But because I have an assignment due on Wednesday for your convenience, I've summed up their reputation in just 10 words each. Goodbye sentence structure...

10 ARTISTS IN 10 WORDS

1. The Beatles




Mop tops + fearless musical experimentation = worldwide obsession. YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!



2. Frank Sinatra


Incredible lungs. Brassy blasts. Tweaks heart-strings. Kicks Buble's ass.



3. Elvis Presley



10 words cannot outline this man's influence. Iconic. Iconic. Iconic.


4. Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons



New Jersey gangsters sing four-part harmony with THAT falsetto.





5. Simon and Garfunkel


Poetry sung a third apart. Garfunkel clearly avoiding Simon's hairdresser.



6. Queen

Bulsara becomes Mercury. Opera meets rock. "Bohemian Rhapsody" blows minds.



7. U2

Loud-mouthed political activist riles crowds with ranty rock anthems.



8. Coldplay


College mates create stadium-fillers. Then wear elephant suits. WHY.




9. Mumford and Sons




Poetry and adrenalin. Shirts and waistcoats. The banjo becomes cool.



10. Adele

She loved. She lost. She ruptured a vocal chord complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that was my opinion...what's yours? :)